Search

1/07/2019

Week 2 of 2019 Reading Challenges



I read 2 books already!!!
My first week was great. Not only did I read my two books in one sitting but they were both really good. Making me realize that I'm having a great start to this new year and that the challenges I'm participating in are going to be more fun than I thought.

❥---❥---❥---❥---❥---❥---❥---❥---❥---❥---❥---❥---❥---❥

Week 1 Wrap Up

In my first week, I rolled twice. The first one landed me on Womens Avenue and the second and Boy Cirus.
I picked Rome in Love and The DUFF for those two squares.

I already wrote and posted the review for both those books and will include a link below the covers. And they were both great reads and I ended up giving them 4.5 out of 5 stars.


Rome in Love by Anita Hughes
The DUFF by Kody Keplinger

  • With those two books, I completed two squares in Romanceopoly. Women's Avenue & Bad Boy Circus
  • Read A book with "love" in the title & A book with a two-word title for the PopSugar Reading Challenge. 
  • And with Rome in Love, I did challenge #18 - Romance or Love Story.


❥---❥---❥---❥---❥---❥---❥---❥---❥---❥---❥---❥---❥---❥


Image result for Romanceopoly

Romanceopoly
I rolled twice again and the first roll of the week ended up being the Firestation corner. The second roll was on Cozy Corner.

As I said in my Week 1 of the 2019 Reading Challenges I was participating in, I really wanted to accomplish all of this using books that I own. Books that are on my shelves in real life. But today I got Dungeon and Cozy Corner. Meaning I need to read a firefighter romance and cozy mysteries. And after scouring my shelves I was sad when I couldn't find anything that could possibly fit in those categories. So I have to borrow the books from my friend. I'm lucky because they do have books I could read that can qualify.

Leaving me with exactly a week to read The Firefighter Daddy for my firefighter romance and A High-End Finish for my cozy murder mystery.



The Firefighter Daddy by Margaret Daley
A High-End Finish by Kate Carlisle

--------------------------------------------------------- 


PopSugar.
For this challenge, I'd say that both books qualify for A book with a plant in the title or the cover since TFD is the characters in a garden and AHEF has, what I think looks like, rose bushes and ivy. And TFD could also go for A book about a family.


--------------------------------------------------------- 

      

Reading Woman
Both the books I picked this week could also go for #21 in this challenge.
Book Bought/Borrowed in 2019.


That's all I have for this but I'm going to put this reminded up. I am posting my rolls in Instagram and will also include photos that have to do with Romanceopoly or the other challenges.
______________________________________







The Bookish Island
Blog  |  Tumblr  |  Instagram  |  Youtube  |  Goodreads


//postfooter//

 photo postfooter_zpsbjlk2ljo.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, all lovely booknerds!