Search

1/15/2019

Top Ten Tuesday #16 | New-to-Me Authors I Read In 2018

.



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.



January 15: 
New-to-Me Authors I Read in 2018 

If I'm honest most of the books I read are y authors I've never read before. Because I rarely get series or multiple books by the same author. When I do I must really like their work. But in 2018 I did read a few books that I liked by new to me authors. 

I picked out 4 of them for this.

-------------------------------------------- 


Jenny Hubbard for And We Stay

While I don't think I'll read any of her other books (I can't afford to) I really did enjoy And We Stay it was such a good book about the girlfriend of a guy who shot himself in school's perspective and how she deals with that and other tough life events.

----------------------------------- 


M.C. Beaton for the Agatha Raisin series

While I haven't read more than two of these authors books I did really like this story from having watched the tv show and then going on to read the books. They were funny and not out of place when it came to them getting themselves into crime investigation.

----------------------------------- 



Debbie Macomber for Dashing Through the Snow

I finally read a Debbie Macomber book after having three on my shelves for years. And YES! -I love her writing. It was so smooth to read. Mostly because the majority of this book was a conversation (dialogue) between the two main characters. So it was like being in the car with real people and understanding what they're going through.
It was so smooth that it felt like a good flan. If I'm honest.

----------------------------------- 


Lauren Blakely for The Knocked Up Plan

I read this during the first few days of 2018 and it was such a good book that I was emoting out loud. Laughing, crying, giggling. Definitely a good thing.




______________________________________





The Bookish Island
Blog  |  Instagram  |  Youtube  |  Goodreads


//postfooter//

 photo postfooter_zpsbjlk2ljo.jpg


6 comments:

  1. It sounds like you discovered a lot of authors that were right up your alley last year.

    This is my Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment!

      I did! I'm still relatively new to most if not all the books' authors. But its fun since I get to find out if I found my new favorite author or not.

      Delete
  2. AND WE STAY is a good one! I've never read anything else by the author or maybe she hasn't written anything else? At any rate, I'm glad you found so many great authors last year and hope you find lots more in 2019.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment! 🤗

      I'm glad too it has been such an good year when it comes to books. And this year looks so promising with all the new books coming out and the books I bought. I can't wait. 😄

      Delete
  3. I didn't know about many of these authors. Thanks for the list!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, all lovely booknerds!