Search

12/07/2016

Waiting on Wednesday #13 - In Some Other Life by Jessica Brody


Updated: July 4, 2017

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases.


I have a little to talk about this book. Like how I discovered it, and how much do I want to read it.

First, I have to talk about how I discovered this book.
So I was looking for something on youtube, and I ended up coming across the author, Jessica Brody’s youtube account. And on her account, I saw that there was one video that sparked my interest. That was of her talking about one of her books, A Week of Mondays. Which I recently read because of that video.
(*pssd* I reviewed it earlier this week.)
๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I subscribed to her immediately and then saw that she was doing a video on one of her new books that are coming next year. It's In Some Other Life.

It was her showing us the cover and talking about what it's about. I really liked how it sounded and adored the cover, so I went and added it to my tbr list on Goodreads.

And after having read her book, A Week of Mondays, I think I got attached to her writing style, and how she made me connect to a character I would otherwise dislike. And as a writer, I admire that and wish I could someday write like that.

Here is the video where she revealed the cover and title of In Some Other Life.


And this one is about Jessica Brody giving us a sneak peak of the book.
(Subscribe to her channel for more videos like this and about writing)

----------------------------------------------------------------






In Some Other Life by Jessica Brody

Three years ago, Kennedy Rhodes secretly made the most important decision of her life. She declined her acceptance to the prestigious Windsor Academy to attend the local public school with her longtime crush, who had finally asked her out. It seems it was the right choice—she and Austin are still together, and Kennedy is now the editor in chief of the school's award-winning newspaper. But then Kennedy's world is shattered one evening when she walks in on Austin kissing her best friend, and she wonders if maybe her life would have been better if she'd made the other choice. As fate would have it, she's about to find out . . .

The very next day, Kennedy falls and hits her head and mysteriously awakes as a student at the Windsor Academy. And not just any student: Kennedy is at the top of her class, she's popular, she has the coolest best friend around, and she's practically a shoo-in for Columbia University. But as she navigates her new world, she starts to wonder whether this alternate version of herself really is as happy as everyone seems to believe. Is it possible this Kennedy is harboring secrets and regrets of her own? A fresh and funny story about how one different choice could change everything, Jessica Brody's In Some Other Life will keep readers guessing, and find them cheering for Kennedy until the final page.


Published by: Farrar, Straus, and Giroux (BYR)
The Release Date for the book is:
August 8th 2017

Pre-Order:
Or pre-order it from Book Depository using my Affiliate link:
_______________________________











//postfooter//

 photo postfooter_zpsbjlk2ljo.jpg


1 comment:

  1. I heard about that book and can't wait for it to come out so I can parade it on my bookshelves. ๐Ÿ˜❤️๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‰

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, all lovely booknerds!