Search

12/02/2018

Week 2 | Down the TBR Hole


.

Down the TBR Hole was created by Lost in a Story. Its purpose is to help narrow down your TBR list on Goodreads by selecting 5 titles each week and deciding if you want to keep it on your TBR or get rid of it!

Anyway, it works like this:

  • Go to your Goodreads to-read shelf.
  • Order on ascending date added.
  • Take the first 5 (or 10 if you’re feeling adventurous) books
  • Read the synopses of the books
  • Decide: keep it or should it go?


The fact that I (you?) will be repeating this process every week means that I have to keep track of where I ended and where I’m going to continue. E.g. in week one I do book 1 – 5, in week two book 6 – 10, and so on, until I’ve filtered out my entire TBR. If it isn’t clear, read on and I’ll show you!



-----------------------



Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour 
Goodreads


Yeah. The only reason I added this book to my TBR was that the cover was cute. So bye!

Verdict:
TOSS


◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳



The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Goodreads

This is another one of those books that just because I heard it around so much I added it to my TBR.

Verdict:
TOSS


◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳



My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick 
Goodreads

The cover was cute. I don't even like what it says it's about.

Verdict:
TOSS


◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳



The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
Goodreads

This story sounds soooo gooood. And I already have the sequel so -keeping it!

Verdict:
KEEP

◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳



Everything Is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer

I saw the movie adaptation of this story a long time ago and thought it was pretty good. But I don't think I would want to read it now that I know wit's its about.

Verdict:
TOSS

◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳



Emma by Jane Austen
Goodreads

My mom got me the B&N book that has seven of Jane Austen's novels so this is a TOSS.

Verdict:
TOSS

◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳



The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
Goodreads

I have always wanted to read Sylvia Plath's stories. So this is a definite keeper.

Verdict:
KEEP

◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳



The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Goodreads

I have also wanted to Gaiman's books but after reading American Gods I don't completely know if I want to read this one or any of the others. I liked American Gods but that was too much. I may be traumatized. :P

Verdict:
TOSS

◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳



Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins 
Goodreads

This is a combo of pretty cover and too much hype.

Verdict:
TOSS

◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳



I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
Goodreads

I didn't recognize the cover. I had to look at the Goodreads page for this to see that this has another cover n it has the white background with rainbow lines. And even though I've seen it around a lot I don't think I'll like it.

Verdict:
TOSS

◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳



Winger by Andrew Smith

I just saw it everywhere and added it to my TBR list. But I don't completely like it.

Verdict:
TOSS

◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳



Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple

Toss it!

Verdict:
TOSS

◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳





______________________________________





The Bookish Island
Blog  |  Instagram  |  Youtube  |  Twitter  |  Goodreads


//postfooter//

 photo postfooter_zpsbjlk2ljo.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, all lovely booknerds!