Search

12/18/2018

The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allen Poe | Book Review #128





The Bookish Island's Book Review:

The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allen Poe 






Are there spoilers?
Its a classic so I don't think this warning matters here.
But yeah there's a little one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Title: The Tell-Tale Heart

Author: Edgar Allen Poe

.........................................................

Genre: Classics, Horror, Fiction, Short Stories, Gothic

.........................................................

Date Read: September 28, 2018

Rating: ★★★☆☆


'Presently I heard a slight groan, and I knew it was a groan of mortal terror ... the low stifled sound that arises from the bottom of the soul.' 

Stories about murder, mystery and madness, portraying the author's feverish imagination at its creative height.



The Rating:





My Review:

I had never really known what The Tell-Tale Heart was about until I watched the Thug Notes for this story.


So I didn't know what it was about until then and after I really wanted to read it for myself. And I did.

Not only was it a little creepy but it was a sweet short story that I read in a day. Which is always great in my book.

The whole aspect of the guy murdering someone and hearing his heart so loud that he thought he would be found out. That the police would find his remain under the floorboards. So good!



______________________________________







The Bookish Island
Blog  |  Tumblr  |  Instagram  |  Youtube  |  Goodreads



//postfooter//

 photo postfooter_zpsbjlk2ljo.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, all lovely booknerds!