Search

8/07/2018

Top Ten Tuesday #10 | Books You'd Smash Together


.





Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


August 7: 
Books I'd Smash Together 

When I saw this I was so on board to doing this. And I was thinking of going on a hiatus too. But I got a few ideas in my head of boos that would go great together to make one awesome book. After this one I'll definetly leave for a while.
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman & A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro 

Vengeance Road on its own is ah-mah-zing. 
But if you throw young Charlotte Holmes and Jamie Watson into that western setting you'd get something great. Besides I've never heard of the Sherlock Holmes theme set in a young adult western. And if there is one please tell me about it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 

Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman & The Ghost and The Goth by Stacey Kade 

Again. Another one with Vengeance Road. A YA western but throw in some teens who can see ghosts and some that are ghosts and it will be brilliant.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - 


The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli & To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

Think about it. It will be two books I felt so attached to because they spoke to me on another level. One because I had so many crushes when I was in school and two because I used to write letters to them without sending them. So. Yeah.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

&
I have not read the books nor do I own them but I need to do this. 


Penelope by Marilyn Kaye & Big Fish by Daniel Wallace

Here is my reason for this smash.
Not only have I always felt that Penelope and Big Fish are set in the same world but that they have the same magical feel to them. It's just that on Big Fish it's more magical and fantastical. When in Penelope its just a bit of fantasy. 
I think that aspects of these two great movies (I haven't read the books so I don't know if they are also great) should make a baby and create another great movie together. Not to fuse together to create one movie but to make another movie that has the same elements. And it would be cool if it shared that great aesthetic these two have.

I hope this makes sense. 
If you've ever seen these to movies and thought the same please tell me. Cause I've never heard anyone else say that.




______________________________________







The Bookish Island
Blog  |  Tumblr  |  Instagram  |  Youtube  |  Twitter  |  Goodreads


//postfooter//

 photo postfooter_zpsbjlk2ljo.jpg


1 comment:

  1. A Sherlock type character in western setting sounds like a great idea! :-)
    Here's my TTT post.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, all lovely booknerds!