Search

4/13/2017

Read or Binge - Part One: Bones



So I've decided to start a series of posts in which I talk about some television series that I have watched and adored that were based on books I have most likely haven't read or own. It's not perfect, this series, but I really want to talk about these shows. That I've grown up with or just started watching and already love.
And maybe I'll do this every other Monday or Thursday. I'm not certain.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Today I decided to talk about the Bones tv show since it has come to an end.



I think I started watching this show because o my mother. She loves shows like that. Detectives, and crime shows. We have watched shows like that since I was a kid where I remember us watching X-Files nd CSI. Bones was no different. When she started watching it, I started watching it. And we both loved it and every time an episode aired we were there on the sofa watching it from beginning to end. And even the last episode was well loved.


So the tv show Bones is based off a book series called the Temperance Brennan Series, named after the main character, and is written by the author Kathy Reichs. 

It started around 2005 and just ended this year.

If you don't already know what this show is about...
Basically, forensic anthropologist and crime writer, Dr. Temperance Brennan, or "Bones" and FBI Special Agent Seeley Booth work together in a fictional Jeffersonian Institute Lab and solve crimes together along with a team of professionals.

It stars Emily Deschanel as Bones and David Boreanaz as Booth.


Differences:
Well, although I haven't read the books I can't really say what the differences are but from what I read researching is that the name Temperance Brennan the only thing in common. Since the tv show is more based on the life of author Kathy Reichs and her work and not the Temperance Brennan Series she wrote.

I don't know any more than that.
But I did find a forum that talked about the differences a bit more.


My Thoughts on The Show:
I personally enjoyed the show. Although there were times I felt like it repeated some crimes in some ways.
I loved the different characters both the constant ones, as well as the ones that were on a few episodes.

The crimes were different from the ones I had seen in other shows. Meaning that they were more science drive, well, fictional science, but it sure sounded cool.

I loved the romance between Bones and Booth. Even if it felt rushed in the beginning when their relationship as a couple started, it was perfect in every way. They understood each other in ways no one else did and they loved each other till the end and beyond. I was happy that they had a happy ending and a big happy family.

The show went on for a long time so I feel that as much as the characters grew so did I and that's a nice thought to have.


via GIPHY

via GIPHY

via GIPHY


Will I Read The Books or Will I Binge Watch The Show?
Now that a great question. After finding out that the books don't have anything in common with the show I was a little disappointed but I still want to know what they are like. Maybe I'll read the first one in the series.

On the other hand, I would love to binge watch the entire show now that it's over. Like a final goodbye or something. Although I do think I'll always want to watch this show since it was awesome.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Déjà Dead (Temperance Brennan #1) by Kathy Reichs

It's June in Montreal, and Temperance Brennan has just left a shaky marriage back home in North Carolina to take on a challenging assignment as director of forensic anthropology for the province of Quebec.
Before she can explore her new hometown, though, Tempe must stop at a newly uncovered burial site in the heart of the city. One look at the decomposed and decapitated corpse, stored neatly in plastic bags, tells Tempe that she'll be spending her first weekend on the new job in the crime lab. This is the homicide of the worst kind.
As Tempe investigates the case, she finds more questions than answers, and a startling pattern emerges. As she races to track down a killer who is still on the loose, Brennan plunges herself and those closest to her into mortal danger.



______________________________________


So in conclution...
I will read the first in the series and binge watch the entire show.
Seems like a lot, but it will be fun. Maybe I'll make my mom watch some episodes with me. And talk about what's different from the first seasons and the last ones.


via GIPHY









//postfooter//

 photo postfooter_zpsbjlk2ljo.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, all lovely booknerds!