Search

11/17/2015

Bookshelf Spotlight | Greensleeves by Eloise Jarvis McGraw


Hello!
I was looking at my blog recently and I just thought that I wasn't posting as much as I would want. So I decided to start something new. I wanted to do a series of post in which I showed off one book every week (probably on Wednesdays because I get less work) and say why I find it interesting or why its on my book collection (since I don't own shelves). Simple and fun.




Every Book Deserves a Little Love. 
Lets shine a spotlight on...

Greensleeves by Eloise Jarvis McGraw
goodreads
For eighteen-year-old Shannon Lightley, life’s been an endless parade across Europe, following either her actress mother or her renowned journalist father. Paris, Milan, London—Shannon has been everywhere, but somewhere along the way, she realizes she’s really…nowhere.
Having graduated from high school and about to board yet another flight for yet another destination, Shannon is offered an alternative: stay in Portland, Oregon, with her parents’ close friend and help his law firm investigate a group of strangers living near the local university. A will with a substantial inheritance is being contested, and Shannon’s task is to gather information on the unlikely recipients of the money.
Using an assumed name and working as a waitress in a diner, Shannon finds herself entirely on her own for the first time in her life; and as the long summer days go by, she tries to sort out who she really is and what her future holds.
Originally published in 1968 and newly released as part of Nancy Pearl’s Book Crush Rediscoveries, Greensleeves is a smart and timeless tale of how far people must go to find themselves.


I actually got this book by wining a giveaway earlier this year. I had no idea what it was about or who the author was. But I started reading this book, anyways. After a few personal problems I stopped and never went back to reading it. But even if I dint read that much I liked where it was going. Hopefully I will someday get back to reading it and maybe writ a review.












//postfooter//

 photo postfooter_zpsbjlk2ljo.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, all lovely booknerds!