Search

7/24/2018

Top Ten Tuesday #9 | Books with Sensory Reading Memories


.





Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


July 24: 
Books with Sensory Reading Memories

I dont have that sort of thing  that  I attatch with my reading experiences. I read and then thats it. But there were some books that I remember.
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



When I was a kid I went to Wendy's and I saw a book that had been left behind on one of the tables. I was scared and didn't do anything but I did tell my mom and I don't remember if it was me or her but one of us got it and took it back home with us. That book was a Winnie the Pooh piano book. And I loved it. 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - 



Then there was The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Forester. A book that got me away from the mental mess that was caused by Hurricane Maria last year. And even now I'm thankful for that book.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - 



The other book that I can remember being a big part of my life was Horns by Joe Hill. Mostly because Horns was the first book that I read that wasn't a kiddie book and that was the first one in my reading journey. In fact, it inspired me to make this blog and here I am so it's still in my memory. I remember just being taken away and seeing the scenes unfold in my imagination as I did.






______________________________________







The Bookish Island
Blog  |  Tumblr  |  Instagram  |  Youtube  |  Twitter  |  Goodreads


//postfooter//

 photo postfooter_zpsbjlk2ljo.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, all lovely booknerds!