Search

1/03/2016

Sanctuary Bay by Laura J. Burns & Melinda Metz | Book Review

Happy New Years everyone! I hope it was safe and fun.
I got sent this book by the lovely publishers over at St. Martin's Press and I'm here to give you an honest review of the book Sanctuary Bay by Laura J. Burns & Melinda Metz




_____________________

Author:  Laura J. Burns & Melinda Metz


Title: Sanctuary Bay
Publication: January 19th, 2016 by St. Martin's Griffin
Format: ARC, 320 pages
Source: It was sent to me by St. Martin's Press.
Genres: Young Adult, Mystery, Thriller
Rating: ★★

When Sarah Merson receives the opportunity of a lifetime to attend the most elite prep school in the country-Sanctuary Bay Academy-it seems almost too good to be true. But, after years of bouncing from foster home to foster home, escaping to its tranquil setting, nestled deep in Swans Island, couldn't sound more appealing. Swiftly thrown into a world of privilege and secrets, Sarah quickly realizes finding herself noticed by class charmer, Nate, as well as her roommate's dangerously attentive boyfriend, Ethan, are the least of her worries. When her roommate suddenly goes missing, she finds herself in a race against time, not only to find her, but to save herself and discover the dark truth behind Sanctuary Bay's glossy reputation.
In this genre-bending YA thriller, Sanctuary Bay by Laura J. Burns and Melinda Metz, Sarah's new school may seem like an idyllic temple of learning, but as she unearths years of terrifying history and manipulation, she discovers this "school" is something much more sinister.

Thoughts:
I give this book 3 out of 5 but I think that the first half is 3 and the second half is 3.5.
The book started out being very interesting and addictive but then it took a turn and I really did not want to read it. It gave me the same feelings that The Violinist of Venice by Alyssa Palombo gave me. And as I did with that book I kept reading it.  I got to a certain part that just gave me a surge of I-want-to-read-it-all-in-one-go and I did. The ending was unexpected and truly awesome. 

This book really felt different then what I had been reading in the year 2015 and I hope that 2016 brings me cool and exciting books and amazing stories.



Add on Goodreads.









//postfooter//

 photo postfooter_zpsbjlk2ljo.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, all lovely booknerds!