Search

11/25/2018

Week 1 | Down the TBR Hole


.

Down the TBR Hole was created by Lost in a Story. Its purpose is to help narrow down your TBR list on Goodreads by selecting 5 titles each week and deciding if you want to keep it on your TBR or get rid of it!

Anyway, it works like this:

  • Go to your Goodreads to-read shelf.
  • Order on ascending date added.
  • Take the first 5 (or 10 if you’re feeling adventurous) books
  • Read the synopses of the books
  • Decide: keep it or should it go?


The fact that I (you?) will be repeating this process every week means that I have to keep track of where I ended and where I’m going to continue. E.g. in week one I do book 1 – 5, in week two book 6 – 10, and so on, until I’ve filtered out my entire TBR. If it isn’t clear, read on and I’ll show you!



-----------------------



I saw this meme on Pinot and Pages and loved the idea. So I thought it would be cool to try doing it on here. My TBR definitely needs me to sort it out since its 1890 books in. It's honestly a mess.



 The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line (Veronica Mars #1) by Rob Thomas + Jennifer Graham


I added this book back in 2014 when I started my Goodreads account. Its been so long since it's been on my TBR but I still haven't read it much less own it.

And the description of the story makes it sound like a continuation of Veronica's story after college. Though I'm not sure if it connects with the movie since the movie didn't feel like it was a part of the story but just something for fans.

Still, I'm tossing it since I don't think I'll get my hands on this any time soon.

Verdict:
TOSS


◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳



Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer 

Even though Cinder was no only recommended to me by a friend and its been well loved by a whole lot of booknerds I follow on Instagram, I just can't say I want it on my TBR. I don't own it and I can't borrow it so it's got to go.

Verdict:
TOSS


◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳



Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

I have always wanted to read Jane Austen. Even before I became a book blogger. But just now realized I could totally do that because not only are they on Spotify and pretty much everywhere else but my mom got me the big Barnes and Noble one that has seven of her books and this is one of them. So while I'm getting rid of this book I'm still going to keep this story in my TBR.

Verdict:
TOSS


◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳



The Surgeon (Rizzoli & Isles #1) by Tess Gerritsen 

I loved the tv show Rizzoli and Isles which was why I added this to my TBR. But now that I think about it, even though in the future if I find this I definitely would love to read this, I'm tossing it. No reason it's just a book that I will remember even if it's not on my Goodreads shelves.

Verdict:
TOSS

◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳



The Diviners by Libba Bray 

This is another of those books that I wanted just because it was getting so much hype on booktube, on Instagram, pretty much everywhere. And even now that I'm reading the description I still don't know what it was that attracts ME to this story. So its a toss.

Verdict:
TOSS

◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳


Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins 

To me, this book is in the same circle as To All The Boys I've Loved Before. And I loved that so I'm tossing it but adding it to my someday-maybe.

Verdict:
TOSS

◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳



That Time I Joined the Circus by J.J. Howard 
Goodreads

The MC goes to the circus to find her mother but instead finds her destiny or what she could be. That alone sounds so good.

Verdict:
TOSS

◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳



Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis 
Goodreads

This is a post-apocalyptic dystopian about a world where water is super rare that this girl has to defend so strongly the little pond by her home. So I want to read this boo but I'm taking it out of my TBR and adding it to my someday-maybe list.

Verdict:
TOSS

◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳



Rain Reign by Ann M. Martin
Goodreads

Yes! This is a total KEEP. But a KEEP to someday-maybe list. The description sounds so good.  Plus, I love middle-grade books. At least most of the ones I've read.

Verdict:
TOSS

◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳



The Pure Gold Baby: A Novel by Margaret Drabble

I actually own this book and have for years. But no matter how long I've had it I still don't want to read it. I mean, I think I will just to see what its about but I wouldn't buy it if I saw it in a store.

Verdict:
TOSS

◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳



Liv, Forever by Amy Talkington 

The description to this book sounds similar to a book I read, Sanctuary Bay. And that was way too cool so I'm looking forward to this book but I know I won't be getting it anytime soon.

Verdict:
TOSS

◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳



Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz

I've heard about this book everywhere and it did sound so good to me but like the one before this. 

Verdict:
TOSS

◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳◰◲◱◳


I decided to do 12 for the first one just because I don't have anything to do today and because most of the books at the beginning of my TBR are books I don't totally care about.
They were all tossed! Woohoo!

This was fun. I know that it will 100% help me sort out my messy TBR shelf. Since its completely out of control. I definitely want to keep doing this.




______________________________________







The Bookish Island
Blog  |  Instagram  |  Youtube  |  Twitter  |  Goodreads


//postfooter//

 photo postfooter_zpsbjlk2ljo.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, all lovely booknerds!