Search

5/17/2018

James Bravo's Shotgun Bride by Christine Rimmer | Book Review #104







The Bookish Island's Book Review:

James Bravo's Shotgun Bride by Christine Rimmer





Are there spoilers?
None this time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Title: James Bravo's Shotgun Bride

Author: Christine Rimmer

Series: The Bravos of Justice Creek #4

.........................................................

Pages: 224

Publisher:  Harlequin

Published: 20l6

Genre: Romance, Contemporary

.........................................................

Source: Harlequin Newsletter

Date Read: Dec. 20, 2017

Rating: ★★★☆☆



JAMES BRAVO IS MARRYING HIS DREAM WOMAN. THERE'S JUST ONE CATCH…

Tied to a chair and staring down the barrel of a shotgun isn't how James Bravo planned on proposing to the woman he's secretly longed for for months. He also isn't the father of Addie Kenwright's unborn baby—even if her grandfather thinks he is. James has never stolen so much as a kiss from the beautiful rancher…but all that changes when he and Addie say "I do."

Three times burned is enough to put a single woman off wedlock forever. Addie only agreed to this crazy scheme to appease her ailing grandpa. Now the mother-to-be can't get enough of the hunky, blue-eyed attorney. Are Addie and James ready to take the plunge for real and turn a temporary arrangement into the marriage of both their dreams? 




The Rating:






My Review:

This book starts off weird. With Addie's grandfather, Levi, accusing the love interest, James, of being his granddaughters baby daddy and to "make an honest woman out of her" by marrying her, all with a shotgun pointed at him. Of course, then Addie walks in to see this and quickly starts yelling at her grandfather to stop what he was doing because James isn't the father of her baby.

Like I wrote above in the books info. I got this book through a newsletter email from Harlequin. I was totally on board with reading this book even when I ignored/didn't read the synopsis. And I felt conflicted when I did. I just -ugh!

James, to me, was so creepy sometimes, and forceful at other times. Like he knew that what he was doing, his mind tricks of "I say this but I know it will make you do/think this way", he knew his effect on Addie. So I didn't like him AT ALL.

Addie, on the other hand, I loved. I wanted her to find happiness. And to have her baby in peace.

[That's another thing. What the f*ck is wrong with Levi. Couldn't he just trust her]

Her story with the baby's father was sweet. And I thought she was strong and amazing. But when she was around James she turned into a girl blinded by love. Which is awesome cause she deserves it, but she let him do his mind trick.
I really don't know how to explain this. But its how I felt when I was reading this book.

Now I kind of wish I had a physical copy of this to re-read it in the future to know if I still feel the same for this book but since it was a free e-copy I can't re-read it.





Get a copy at:
Barnes&Noble  | Amazon
______________________________________










 Blog  | Tumblr  | Instagram | Twitter | Goodreads



//postfooter//

 photo postfooter_zpsbjlk2ljo.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, all lovely booknerds!