Search

6/18/2018

And We Stay by Jenny Hubbard | Book Review #107








The Bookish Island's Book Review:
And We Stay by Jenny Hubbard 




Are there spoilers?
A few ones may have escaped me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Title: And We Stay

Author: Jenny Hubbard

.........................................................

Pages: 225

Publisher: Ember

Published: 2015

Genre: Young Adult, Boarding School, Poetry, Fiction

.........................................................

Date Read: May 19 to May 26, 2018


Rating: ★★★★★



Senior Paul Wagoner walks into his school with a stolen gun, he threatens his girlfriend, Emily Beam, and then takes his own life. Soon after, angry and guilt-ridden Emily is sent to a boarding school in Amherst, Massachusetts, where two quirky fellow students and the spirit of Emily Dickinson offer helping hands. But it is up to Emily Beam to heal her own damaged self, to find the good behind the bad, hope inside the despair, and springtime under the snow.




The Rating:








My Review:

And We Stay is the story about a girl who struggles to keep going after her boyfriend shots himself.
To me, the scenes on the pages were painted in all kinds of colors.

 I didn't think I would understand this book because there were poems in between and it dealt with a lot of stuff. But I was surprised when I found myself getting emotional as I read it. I mostly got angry and Paul and at Emily's parents, but I also got happy in the end for Emily.

There were poems in this story. They are the poems that Emily writes in secret to put her thoughts and emotions to paper and try to make sense of them. They were so clear and real and I loved reading them.

I wish I could say more but I don't want to spoil it. But if you have read it and want to discuss write me a comment below.





______________________________________







The Bookish Island
Blog  |  Tumblr  |  Instagram  |  Youtube  |  Twitter  |  Goodreads



//postfooter//

 photo postfooter_zpsbjlk2ljo.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, all lovely booknerds!