Search

12/29/2015

Agatha Christie Book Review #1 | The Mysterious Affair At Styles

 Part One of my Agatha Christie book reviews.



I am going to do three tiny reviews of the three Agatha Christie books I had finished reading this year. 
Agatha Christie - And Then There Were None
Agatha Christie - The Mysterious Affair At Styles
Agatha Christie - Murder On The Orient Express



Title - The Mysterious Affair At Styles Author - Agatha Christie
Format - Paperback, 192 pages
Source - Given to me by family as birthday gift.
Rating - ★★★.5


A wealthy woman is poisoned at an English country manor and the world of detective fiction is changed forever. With The Mysterious Affair at Styles, Agatha Christie launched herself, and her beloved Belgian detective Hercule Poirot, into popular culture history.

When Captain Arthur Hastings runs into an old friend, John Cavendish, and is invited to the family estate at Styles, he has a “premonition of approaching evil.” Outside, the Great War is still raging, and England is in upheaval. Cavendish’s widowed stepmother has brought the turmoil home by marrying a sinister-looking younger man, and when she is killed, presumably poisoned with strychnine, he becomes the first and most obvious suspect. But other family members may also have had motives for murder. Luckily, one of the Belgian refugees from the German occupation staying at Styles is a retired police detective: Hercule Poirot is on the case.


My Review:
It took me a while to finish but when I did I was glad. As much as I don't like Poirot's personality the story is very good.

_______________________









//postfooter//

 photo postfooter_zpsbjlk2ljo.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, all lovely booknerds!