Search

2/22/2015

Saga Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan & Fiona Staples | Book Review



Review of:

 Saga by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples


I had some money in my pocket and a desire to spend it. Thus I got myself my very first graphic novel.


--------------------



Title: Saga Volume 1
Author: Brian K. Vaughan (writer) & Fiona Staples (artist)
Publication: October 2012 by Image Comics 
Format: Paperback, 160 pages
Source: I bought it
Genres: Adult, Graphic Novel, Sy-Fy, Fantasy, Romance, Fiction
Rating: ★★★★





Synopsis:
When two soldiers from opposite sides of a never-ending galactic war fall in love, they risk everything to bring a fragile new life into a dangerous old universe. 
From New York Times bestselling writer Brian K. Vaughan (Y: The Last Man, Ex Machina) and critically acclaimed artist Fiona Staples (Mystery Society, North 40), Saga is the sweeping tale of one young family fighting to find their place in the worlds. Fantasy and science fiction are wed like never before in this sexy, subversive drama for adults. 


Thoughts:
When I saw this on the displays at Walmart I was in shock. I grabbed it and just held it for a minute before eyeing the cover; back than front. I looked up again and I saw that there was Volume 2 and 3 up there where volume one was. Sadly the only volume 1 they had was a little bend in the top but, I grabbed it and ran.

When I got home I immediately opened this bad boy up and I started to lose sight of reality. The world, the characters, the plot everything sucked me into the world of Saga. By the time I finished reading the last page, I felt immediate sadness. I'm definitely getting volume 2.

It really did spike my curiosity. I wanted to know why the baby, Hazel, was narrating the story. I wanted to know if the Prince and/or the Freelancer were bad guys or good-bad guys. So many things went tough my head when I was reading this. I wanted to know more about the ghost girl too. She seems like a cool chic.

Most of all I think I was in love with the art. You don't know this but, when I was younger I wanted to be an artist. So this made me remember that dream of mine.
Though Fiona Staples art is amazing. I loved the colors and the characters. The way she did this was amazing.

Okay, I might be throwing a lot of compliments and good words but I really do mean what I wrote 100%. I hope someone else feels that way.

PS. Of the characters my favorite was Isabelle.
PPS. She was pretty cool. I also liked the fact that ghost in this is red in color and not the typical white, grey, transparent or even blue.


Add it on Goodreads...











//postfooter//

 photo postfooter_zpsbjlk2ljo.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, all lovely booknerds!