Search

9/26/2016

Insanity by Cameron Jace | Book Review

Book Review:
Insanity by Cameron Jace

I haven't been writing much here on this blog or on my social media because I took a book reading break, I didn't read much, and recently my classes started again, or I didn't have much time or energy to talk about books. But in between I would read a few pages here, and there of this wonderful book about a retelling of Alice in Wonderland and I have just finished it and thought I should start blogging again wit this review.



Title - Insanity  
Author - Cameron Jace

Publication - December 19th 2013 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Format - Paperback, 254 pages
Genre - Young Adult, Fantasy, Horror, Retelling, Mystery
Source - Borrowed
After accidentally killing everyone in her class, Alice Wonder is now a patient in the Radcliffe Lunatic Asylum. No one doubts her insanity. Only a hookah-smoking professor believes otherwise; that he can prove her sanity by decoding Lewis Carroll's paintings, photographs, and find Wonderland's real whereabouts. Professor Caterpillar persuades the asylum that Alice can save lives and catch the wonderland monsters now reincarnated in modern day criminals. In order to do so, Alice leads a double life: an Oxford university student by day, a mad girl in an asylum by night. The line between sanity and insanity thins when she meets Jack Diamond, an arrogant college student who believes that nonsense is an actual science.

My Review:
First of all, the whole reason I started reading this book was because I was looking at it and telling my friend I had read Alice in Wonderland and hours later when I left it got throw it at me, so I took it home with me. 



from tumblr

Reading it I did got confusing at the beginning but I got back on track immediately. I quickly knew who was supposed to be who and started getting the references. Like Alice’s flower is supposed to represent the talking flowers like in the movies and Pillar and his hookah addiction. It was really fun reading it.
I think that I hadn't been on a break from book reading I would have read it all in under a week but it took me months because I didn't want to get stressed of the headaches I was getting because I felt like I was obligated to finish the books I was reading fast and that wasn't healthy. So I would read this book five of ten pages at a time, which was much better.

I loved the characters, especially this version of Alice. She was very interesting because she was going tough the trauma of thinking she killed her classmates, and boyfriend and being in an Asylum, going through electroshock and stuff. 
I think I would have loved to be able to keep it but sadly it was not mine. But my friend said they might give me the second one to borrow, since this is a series.

All in all, I think I would keep reading the other books in the series and maybe someday I would like to have them in my collection but for now I'll just borrow them.

Get a copy at:
______________________________________

Rating








//postfooter//

 photo postfooter_zpsbjlk2ljo.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, all lovely booknerds!