Search

4/12/2019

Romanceopoly's Women's Avenue | Recommendations


.

So this year I've been participating in more reading challenges than before. And one of the problems I've come across is the lack of recommendations for some of the challenges.



What I mean by that is that there are some challenges where I'm stuck standing in front of my bookshelves like the thinking man trying to somehow figure out what book to read for certain categories.
For the most part, Romanceopoly does have a ton of Recommendations. They even have recommendations from each of the hosts. But they are also books I do not own or find all that interesting at the moment. We have different taste in books too. So that doesn't help. But for the other challenges I'm doing I end up getting stuck -like I said. 

So I'm going to try and make a list of 5 or more books that can help other people who are stuck like me.  Of course, I'm only doing this for the categories I've already done so far. And hopefully, this ends up actually being helpful.

  And the first recommendations list I'm going to do is for the Women's Avenue square in Romanceopoly. Which is to read women's fiction novels. For this, I didn't have that many books I had read which can qualify so it's just going to be a list of 4 books. But in the end, I will include an extra that I haven't read but are on my tbr list on Goodreads. So a book I would totally read. Just so I have an overall list of 5 books.

-----------------------------------------------------



Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
Goodreads

If I'm being honest, I only read this because I wanted to see the movie. But woah, was I wrong. I not only loved the book and the characters but I cried like such a baby.
Of course, the movie was great and I cried a bunch when I saw it too but the book still holds a spot in my heart.

                                                    



The Hurricane Sisters by Dorothea Benton Frank 
Goodreads

I actually read this book after Hurricane Maria swept by Puerto Rico. When I needed to read in order to escape and not freak out. And read it in one day.
The family aspect of this is beautiful and too real. This family doesn't get along but when it counts they join together and help each other. And the twist it has fits the story perfectly.

                                                    



Landline by Rainbow Rowell
Goodreads

Landline was one of the first books I read on my reading journey. And it was such a good way to start it all. It was so good and I even cried a few times. It surely captured my heart and became one of the books that made me love romance books as much as I love romantic movies.

                                                    


These two books by Anita Hughes.


Rome in Love by Annita Hughes

Santorini Sunset by Anita Hughes

Both of these books by her are so good. Both very different but carry great stories with female leads. Rome in love is from the point of view of a famous actress who might be falling for a stranger she met on the streets of Rome. And Santorini Sunset is about a bride to be who's going to be married to a wealthy elite. But there will be something that will get in the way of that.

                                                    



Austenland by Shannon Hale
Goodreads

I might have just added this to my tbr because I saw the movie a long time ago and fell in love with it but I have no idea how I'll get my hands on it. It's an older book so it's not gonna be super easy to find. So I'll have to keep searching from time to time on BookOutlet till it pops out.


______________________________________




The Bookish Island
Blog  |  Tumblr  |  Instagram  |  Youtube  |  Goodreads


//postfooter//

 photo postfooter_zpsbjlk2ljo.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, all lovely booknerds!