Search

11/15/2017

Books Read Since Hurricane Maria


I live in Puerto Rico and with the passing of Hurricane Maria we were left with no water, no electricity, and no internet, and after a couple of days, there was little food. It got better after a while and now we have running water but I have to travel to three towns over to my university to use their computers.
But there is one thing that has kept me sane and that is reading. And since the day after the hurricane passed I decided to take to reading the books that I had been leaving behind in my to be read pile. Most were even read, start to finish on the same day.


In no particular order.

Midnight in Berlin by James MacManus
Mr. Dickens and His Carol by Samantha Silva
52 Reasons to Hate My Father by Jessica Brody
Shoe Addicts Anonymous by Beth Harbison
Ten Beach Road by Wendy Wax
If I Could Turn Back Time by Beth Harbison
The Hurricane Sisters by Dorothea Benton Frank
Tornado Weather by Deborah E. Kennedy
Her Name is Rose by Christine Breen
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
Sisterhood is Dead by Lindsay Emory
How to Tame a Beast in 7 Days by Kerrelyn Sparks
Ivy and The Lonely Rainclouds by Katie Harrett
 Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Once Upon a Dream, A Twisted Tale by Liz Braswell
I Hate Everyone But You by Gaby Dunn and Allison Rashkin
The Inevitable Collision of Birdie & Bash by Candance Ganger
The Boy Who Knew Everything by Victoria Forrester
After Hours by Claire Kennedy
My Faire Lady by Laura Wettersten
The Fortune Teller by Gwendolyn Womack
Bad Girl Gone by Temple Mathews
Love, Charms and Other Catastrophes by Kimberly Karalius
The Body Reader by Anne Frasier
Aftercare Instructions by Bonnie Pipkin
The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Forrester
 Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch
The Steel Kiss by Jeffrey Deaver
The Mother's Promise by Sally Hepworth       
Happy Halloween Stinky Face by Lisa McCourt
The Witches Supermarket by Susan Med augh
The Monster Diaries by Luciano Saracino
Finding Serendipity by Angela Banks
American Gods by Neil Gaiman
All The Stars in the Heavens by Adriana Trigiani









//postfooter//

 photo postfooter_zpsbjlk2ljo.jpg


2 comments:

  1. That sounds tough. I'm glad you had all those unread books to occupy your mind. 🤓

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting on my blog. :)
      Yeah, it was tough but I had a good distraction with all those books.

      Delete

Welcome, all lovely booknerds!